Data privacy and security of our users is our top priority. Need more details? Everything you need to know is listed below.
Authentication and Permissions
To set up your shared inbox after installing MailTeam add-on, we need to authenticate your personal company email address (e.g., email@example.com) via Google Apps OAuth, so you can expect exactly the same industry-leading security as within your Google account. The next step is typing in the shared inbox address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to start using our add-on.
We need access to the following information to manage:
- emails that belong to your collaborative mailbox (by managing we mean: reading, sending and labeling)
- basic Google Account info like full names and email and addresses
To access MailTeam functionalities, you have to authenticate your Google account (and any shared mailbox as well) in our servers.
Data scope we store
- OAuth tokens assigned to Google account in the MailTeam application. We use these to perform actions for registered users and shared inbox.
- We store users and shared inbox email addresses to identify which messages are part of a shared mailbox.
- We store Message-ID Headers for each email from the shared mailbox you’ve interacted with. We need this information to accordingly show context-based UI.
We only store data absolutely necessary for MailTeam functioning.
Data scope we use
X-MailTeam-No-Syncheader to some messages to ensure no email duplicates when we process shared inbox emails.
We manage and modify emails belonging to the shared mailbox and dispatch them between it's users.
MailTeam is hosted on AWS infrastructure, most data is encrypted both in transit and at rest, and only a few people have access to the production environment. No one can read your emails or mess with your data unless you give them explicit permission to do so. We don’t store the content of your emails – we use only metadata, which is being treated with special care. As MailTeam is a Google add-on, you can be sure that tech giant reviewed our product carefully to confirm it meets their design, content, style, security, and privacy guidelines.
MailTeam is crafted with a priority for security. It also undergoes thorough verifications by Google.
MailTeam employees have very limited access to user data – they’re able to flirt only with the information needed to resolve customer issues.
Our users can delete their accounts at any time, and all of their personal data will be gone with the wind too.
We only access your data manually when you explicitly allow us to do so. We comply with GDPR.